This kitchen had blue LED strip lighting concealed under the upper cabinets.
It was done by adding a false panel onto the bottom of the cabinet of course the cabinet would have been made that extra bit smaller to accomodate the false panel. You can get LED strip lighting pretty cheap from Ikea.
Must remember to get the carpet ramped onto tiled areas. This builder did it really well.
A nice deck and feature wall we spotted out the window.
Nice timber detail to give a shadow line at the top of the stairs.
I want to make a footstool like this for the end of our bed.
I LOOOOOOOOOVE this framed metal thingy. If anyone know where I can get one let me know. I should go back and see what that little sticker says.
This kitchen was the exact same size and layout as our except it was mirrored. Our Island is also not quite as long. This kitchen got me thinking about moving our sink off the island and over the near the window like this one.
Not so sure about the structure but this is exactly what I want in terms of seating & garden bed out my back door.
Another shot of the same thing
This print was printed onto the back of a piece of frameless glass. Got me thinking about how you would be able the DIY for this one.











I love those LED lighting strips under the cabinets too. You can also add them under the floor cabinets where the kick thingies are so they reflect of the tiles or the floorboards - nice effect.
ReplyDeleteI will definitely do the LEDs in our kitchen too if I can just work out how to get the electicals working without seeing an ugly transformer or having a separate light switch for them (I'm not convinced that putting them on the same switch as the kitchen downlights is such a great idea).
Hmmm - any suggestions?
Hmmm maybe we are both having Blue Light Disco flash backs :)
ReplyDeleteI think you could have the transformer inside a cupboard or a false panel.
Thinking about doing it cheaply. I was thinking of adding a powerpoint in the over fridge cupboard then having the lights on a timer so they come on at night and go off at bedtime. The Ikea ones are $99 for multi colour or white. http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/products/10119409
I guess its not the transformer that really bothers me (could probably find somewhere to hide them), it's how to switch them on and off without it being a pain in the neck. Because I know that if I put them on a separate switch, they'll never get turned on, except when you want to show off for visitors. Bit of a waste of time and money if they only get used once in a blue moon.
ReplyDeleteI had thought about a timer, however, if you use the Ikea ones, each small strip has its own transformer and we'd probably need 20-30 transformers if we wanted to deck out our kitchen in LEDs
Of course there are other companies that make longer strips, and you could run multiple strips off a single (more higher powered) transformer.
Anyway, I'm hoping to get some inspiration wrt to LED cabinet lights at this year's HIA Sydney Home Show 13-16 May: http://www.sydneyhomeshow.com.au
Hello, we'll have to go and check out the display there. Re the sink in the island. At our old house we didn't have an island bench but an attached bench that was the whole length of the kitchen and the sink was near the window. I loved having my long bench 1 for working but then for cleaning off to give the house a nice tidy feel. I'm a bit anal and like tidy. Then we moved to our temp house and the sink is on the long bench, and I hate it. again, I'm anal, but unless you have washed up & wiped up everything it looks messy all the time. So in our new house we are having the sink on the island but with a cantilevered servery to hide all the mess. My suggestion is that if you like tidy then the sink may start to get annoying after awhile on the island. Sarah. P.S. Come and say hi to me at school - I have 2 little blonde haired boys as well as my kindy girl.
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI am leaning more towards moving the sink off the island mainly cause I prefer the look of a big expanse of C stone. Not too concerned about the mess it will all just go in the dishwasher when we have finished eating. Moving it will also let us continue the profile on all side. I have previuos posted a pic of the island I want from one of the Metricons but with a sink and dishwasher I would have to have a cavity created for the dishwasheron the back which would mean that the deep kick would not go all the way round. If we want to change we can cause nothing is final for us until the plumbing is in for the slab. Plus my dishwasher if so gorgeous why hide it behind the island.
PS at school we normally wait just inside the playground gate at the benches while we wait for friend to arrive.
PPS your house is looking great but really looking forward to seeing your pool finished cause its so much like ours :) So close to the end for you now.