Went to visit the land on Saturday, as we do pretty much every weekend (I know we are wierdos). Anyway when I arrived I found a bunch of people and cars on my land and my neighbour attempting to cut down some of the trees on our common boundary.
So once I went to check what was going on found out it was my new neghbour R. We met R when we camped out for the land. He and a whole bunch of his family members were trying to remove the smallest gum trees which are just slightly inside his boundary.
He was very relieved when I told him I had already asked my builder to remove that whole bunch of trees as they were too close to my neighbours house (not yet started) and they would also be right in my swimming pool. R told me his builder wanted to charge him $1000 per tree and he has 5 trees, so he was attempting DIY instead. The 3 he managed to pull down were so small they hardly even qualified as trees actually. So I told him his last big one just on his side, I would get my builder to remove and hopefully my block get cleared before his frame goes up.
They told us the 3 trees they took down appeared to have termites or borers so they were too unhealthy to stay anyway. Might have to see if we need to do anything extra once we remove them.
No comments:
Post a Comment